Founded in 1838, The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12. Total student enrollment is approximately 530, of which 25% are boarding students.
We are anticipating an opening for a School Nurse to assist with delivering a comprehensive health services program for all students and faculty for the 2021-22 academic year. Working as a member of our health care team and reporting to the Director of Health Services, the nurse will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of personal health and well-being for our boarding and day students. The nurse will bring a level of professionalism to the job and interface with the faculty on a daily basis. Decisions made by this employee require analysis, judgment, and discretion.
- Provide medical care, minor or emergency, to students according to policy and serve as a health mentor for students;
- Evaluate the physical condition of students and make referrals to the appropriate resources as needed;
- Administer student medications as needed and issue health screenings as required;
- Maintain student health records
- Review records of students for immunizations and ensure all components of required school health records and required forms are completed;
- Collect information for state reports;
- Have regular contact with parents, faculty, and administration, which requires diplomacy, tact, and confidence;
- Make appropriate referrals to the counseling services as needed;
- Implement and follow established standards, policies, and procedures
- Valid Registered Nurse license in the State of New Jersey
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program
- Knowledge of current health issues as they related to adolescent children
- Computer record-keeping and communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Successful completion of a required background check with the State of New Jersey Department of Education
- Exceptional organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to work with adolescents
- Ability to make independent decisions
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday, day hours. We may also consider candidates to work on a per diem basis. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and current New Jersey State Registered Nursing license to be considered.
The Pennington School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.