Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your main area of focus will be performing laboratory and pilot-scale process characterization and process optimization studies. You will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs. Your innovative mindset will help us develop economical, efficient and safe chemical manufacture of experimental and active drug materials.
With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of goals and influence at the work group/project team level.
- Contribute and/or lead troubleshooting and investigation of analytical issues with existing commercial Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) processes to support project teams, API sites and global technical groups.
- Coordinate and support tech transfer activities by drafting protocols, reviewing data, and writing reports.
- Plan and execute laboratory studies, make detailed observations, analyze and interpret data.
- Support the Process Analytical Technology program and the Operational Excellence initiatives utilizing advanced analytical, chemometric, and statistical skills to upgrade process performance.
- Work with potentially hazardous chemicals using appropriate personal protective safety equipment in a properly controlled environment.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years experience, Master's degree plus 3 years experience, PhD
- Practical experience in a range of experimental design and analysis
- Technical knowledge and skills in purification of biologics achieved through industrial or academic experience in research and development, technical operations, manufacturing, etc.
- Organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently or in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a research laboratory setting, a strong background of traditional bioprocessing, and/or a working knowledge of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)/statistical methods
- Experience in supporting scale-up and technology transfer to pilot or commercial scale facilities
- Degree in Microbiology
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending as required
- Able to lift moderate weight
Other Job Details:
- Occasional work off-shift, overtime, weekends and/or holidays to meet business or customer needs.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Work with potentially hazardous chemicals using appropriate personal protective safety equipment in a properly controlled environment
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply:Jan 25th, 2022.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development