The Manager, Acoustic Data Scientist role is a USA/MA-based role. She/he is responsible for designing and building ML-based analytical platforms for one or more projects that will identify and develop scientific and technological solutions for validating and qualifying novel digital endpoints to measure the impact of therapeutic interventions across the enterprise.
The Acoustic Data Scientist will support the progression of clinical, methodological studies utilizing digital devices/sensors and advanced analytics. This person partners closely with the scientific and clinical team members, applying technical, software development and analytics knowledge to support the research, development and deployment of digital endpoints in clinical trialsROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ideal individual will exhibit the scientific expertise to support up the analysis of acoustic data and digital measures of human activity.
- Responsible for implementing innovative ML -based strategies to deliver differentiated solutions based on the disease mechanism for teams.
- Exhibits the ability to build deep knowledge data analytics for the programs they support.
- Responsible for proposing and supporting the most effective technical or analytical solution for a given project considering cost, technical and operational feasibility, and time to delivery.
- Leverages experience to possibly lead projects internally and collaborate with partners in other units within Pfizer or in the external academic, medical and technology community to identify and advance their project(s).
- Supports algorithm specification documents as well as regulatory submissions
- Identifies significant operational and logistical risks and develop effective mitigation options.
- Exhibits operational excellence as a team member in a matrixed organization.
- Coordinates with client research or development teams to ensure alignment on the project objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective communicator; keeping leadership, partners and team members well informed of progress and will also be able to effectively present information to teams, external advisors and potential partners. Effectively communicates complex analytical concepts to team members with varied backgrounds.
- Contributes to the Project Leader and Data Sciences knowledge through sharing best-practices and learnings as required.
- Ability and interest to serve as a team consultant on data collection strategies in cellular devices.
- MS in Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field and 3-5 years of experience with physiological sensor signals, processing and analysis
- Background in developing models including ML-based models, utilizing mathematics, signal processing, and data extraction
- Proficientin Python, R or MATLAB
- Experience with Python packages:NumPy,Matplotlib,pandas.
- Advanced working knowledge of AWS tools and services for data scienceand big data, e.g., ECS,EMR,Lambda, Kinesis, SageMaker
- Familiarity in setting up and using agile software development,and sourcecontroltools, e.g., git,kanbanboards
- Experience supporting clinical studies and complex study teams
- The idea candidate will have MS or PhD in data science or engineering with 1-3 or more years in acoustic and voice analysis
- Experience in design & development of user facing software solutions (web-based or app-based) for the collection of speech data and patient data
- Experience developing requirements for digital solutions and/or device component selection
- Capable of supporting team of internal or external data scientists in the selection of voice metrics
- Capable of developing code extraction solutions for voice metrics using signal processing techniques
Ability to perform c omplex mathematical calculations
Ability to perform complex data analysis NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May require some travel ( 10 %). OTHER JOB DETAILS:
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development