Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical Development group. The candidate will work in a team environment to develop robust analytical assays and execute assay qualification and transfer studies in support of early vaccine development for glycoconjugates. Assays include but are not limited to Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays (ELISAs), nephelometry, MSD and membrane blotting assays. In addition, the candidate will provide analytical support for bioprocess and formulation development by performing routine and non-routine sample testing. How You Will Achieve It
- Provide lab-based assay development support for ELISA, nephelometry, MSD and membrane blotting assays.
- Effectively use ICH guidelines for method qualification to design, plan, and execute assay development, qualification and transfer studies with a high degree of independence.
- Analyze data using appropriate statistics, where needed.
- Provide sample testing support for process development, formulation development, critical reagent characterization and for on-going stability studies.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from assay development and sample testing experiments contemporaneously in either an electronic or paper notebook as directed.
- Author technical documents including, development reports, analytical test methods, and method qualification reports.
- Read scientific and technical literature to stay current in the field and to bring new and improved technologies to the laboratory. Provide daily laboratory operations support.
- BS degree in biological science, biochemistry or related discipline with 6+ years relevant experience or an MS plus 4+ years of related work experience is required.
- A background in biochemical and immunological techniques and qualification using ICH guidelines is essential.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience authoring test methods and qualification reports
- Previous experience developing antibody binding assays. ie ELISA, nephelometry and MSD.
- Experience with documentation of laboratory notebook in an electronic format.
- Experience in vaccine analytical assay development is essential.
Standard laboratory conditions - sitting, standing, primarily lab based NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
40 hours per week. OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development