Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Principal Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. This is a highly visible role, in which you will play a key part in building state of the art high throughput for cell cloning and sequencing pipeline in the cell-based antibody discovery group. You will be collaborating with scientists within the organization to actively improve and drive therapeutic antibody discovery efforts by developing and employing state of the art B cell repertoire analysis and sequencing technologies. You will also participate in driving strategies and developing innovative technologies around cell-based therapeutic antibody discovery to enable deep antibody repertoire screening from immunized hosts.
You will be recognized as a technical expert and a significant scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will regularly contribute at the therapeutic area level and can represent the department on multidisciplinary teams. You will be entrusted with setting objectives and planning resource requirements for your project team. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute at the therapeutic area level and represent the group on multidisciplinary teams.
- Influence at the therapeutic area or discipline level and increasingly at the project team level.
- Responsible for generating top quality mass spectrometry data packages for the characterization of complex biologic incumbents such as proteins, antibodies, conjugates, bispecifics, and other engineered biomolecules.
- Work with the head of group, project leads, and other senior group members on experiment design and providing data packages with the goal of identifying and advancing novel biotherapeutic lead compounds.
- Deliver impactful internal and external presentations and publications (oral, poster, journals).
- Provide supervision and guidance in day-to-day activities and act as champion to further career development.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of concepts in structural biology arena and demonstrated their use in problem solving
- Experience with antibody engineering in developing immunotherapeutics
- Demonstrates scientific creativity
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, matrixed team environment
Other Job Details:
- PhD and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Biotherapeutic lead generation through cell-based methods, B cell repertoire analysis using Next Generation Sequencing and molecular biology, antibody cloning, and use of integrated laboratory automation
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development