The Regional Therapy Area Lead (RTAL) NA - Medical Information is a leadership and management position responsible for MI Therapy Area operations across the region for their respective therapeutic area. The RTAL is a core member of the Regional Leadership Team for North America and the Global Medical Information Leadership Council (GMILC). The RTAL contributes to the creation, and is responsible for the implementation of MI global and regional strategies related to product support for a given therapy area. The RTAL also has responsibility for the implementation of MI strategies related to business operations as necessary.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The RTAL may be responsible for leading the Global Therapy Area Teams (GTATs) that are accountable for delivery of global content for the aligned products. The RTAL is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with country, regional, and global business unit stakeholders to share updates on MI strategies, provide insights identified from MI activity, participate in business partner initiatives as appropriate, and collaborate in the management of cross-functional issues. The RTAL may also be assigned to sponsor and lead complex projects to achieve organizational goals which impact the business.Regional:
- Manage Regional Therapy Area Team to effectively deliver high quality, efficient, compliant and customer focused MI services across the NA region including creating and maintaining Scientific Response Document (SRD) databases, handling escalated inquiries, and providing customer insights. The RTAL is accountable for oversight of quality of SRDs in compliance with local regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Make decisions regarding resource allocation and product support structure within the team to ensure adequate service levels to external and internal customers.
- Understand the regulatory environment and ensure that operations are compliant and aligned with the local regulations.
- Responsible for defining, developing and delivering annual operating plans for the Therapeutic Area, and for contributing to the development of operating plans and strategies for the Region.
- Leads the Therapy Area Team in achieving their global, regional, and local objectives thru effective team work in a virtual and global environment.
- Contribute to the budget planning process and budget management to effectively control business expenses.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with therapy area business unit leaders and Pfizer Medical functional leadership. Keep business partners informed of MI initiatives, gain insights on partner initiatives, and collaborate on cross-functional issues management
- Drive the analysis of inquiry data to identify trends, concerns, and opportunities to inform strategies within MI and provide insights and recommendations to the Business Units and other Pfizer functions.
- Contributes to the continued optimization of pfizermedinfo.com and pfizermedinfo.ca.
- As requested, lead the GTAT by providing guidance, strategic direction, and resources needed to support the aligned products. This includes having accountability for creation and maintenance of global content, and consistency with MI processes.
- As a member of the GMILC, participate in meetings and contribute to strategic planning, as well as lead and/or participate in the implementation of Global MI strategies, and regional or global projects.
- Contribute to the development, review, and approval of global, regional, and local MI SOPs or Work Instruction (WIs).
- Ensure the NA MI team is adequately resourced to support the GTATs to contribute to the creation of the document databases, and to represent the perspective of NA.
- As needed, represent the TA on the Medical Review Committee (MRC) to ensure sufficient resources are in place to provide a medical review in accordance with the NA WI for key products at the local level, and on the global (MRC) as needed. May be asked to serve as reviewer on the above-brand MRC for specific TAs.
- Partner with a specified MI Director to provide guidance, support, and additional perspectives regarding the focus area of their Director role.
- May act as Country Relationship Manager (CRM), and represent regional Medical Information on the Country Medical Council (CMC), as is the case in Canada. May contribute to the development, review, and approval of local SOPs or Work Instruction (WIs), as is the case in Canada.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant experience within Pharmaceutical industry such as Medical Information, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Marketing and Pharmacovigilance with global scope desired
- Advanced scientific degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) preferred
- Significant experience (8+ years) within Medical Information preferred. Candidates with a significant Pharmaceutical Industry experience such as Medical & Scientific Affairs, or other medical disciplines, with global scope preferred, will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience (including budget and financial planning) in a senior position in industry, academia or a healthcare institution preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management skills and the ability to influence and negotiate outcomes
- Specific Therapeutic Area Expertise advantageous and in certain circumstances could be required
- Experience in the clinical practice of pharmacy, medicine, or information science is desired
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
Other Job Details:
- Flexibility to travel 15% of the time, including potentially international travel
Last Date to Apply for Job: January 28th, 2022
Additional Location Information: New York, NY; Collegeville, PA; Lake Forest, IL; Canada-Quebec; US - Remote
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.