As part of the Data Monitoring and Management (DMM) group, an integral delivery unit within the Global Biometrics and Data Management (GBDM) organization, the Clinical Data Scientist (CDS) is responsible for timely and high quality data management deliverables supporting the Pfizer portfolio. The CDS delivers asset level information strategies and services for optimal use and reuse of internal and external information that will advance research, development, and commercialization of the Pfizer portfolio and further precision medicine. The CDS designs, develops, and maintains key data management deliverables used to collect, review, monitor, and ensure the integrity of clinical data, applies standards, data review and query management, and is accountable for quality study data set release and consistency in asset/submission data.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Clinical Data Scientist and Trial Lead for one or more clinical trials assuming responsibility for all DMM activities including selection and application of data acquisition standards, Data Management Plan, selection of quality risk indicators, third party study data due diligence
- Serve as a technical resource to the study teams for DM and RBM standards, tools, data provisioning, and reporting
- Partners with Research/Business Units, external DM service providers and internal DMM staff to deliver high quality data management for all studies as assigned.
- Proactively drives quality and efficiency to meet timeline and milestones for data management, ensuring scientific and operational excellence in support of strategic imperatives and in collaboration with the cross functional study team (s).
- Ensure work carried out by or on behalf of DMM is in accordance with applicable SOPs and working practices.
- Participates and ensures quality database design including documentation, testing and implementation of clinical data collection tools, bothCRF and non-CRF, using an electronic data capture (EDC) system and/or other data collection systems.
- Ensure the required study-specific DMM documents in the Trial Master File (TMF) are of high quality and are filed contemporaneously.
- Ensure operational excellence in collaboration with partners for application of standards, data acquisition, proactive data review and data integrity monitoring, data cleaning, e-data processing, data access and visualization, and database release
- Demonstrated successful experience in all relevant clinical data management activities in a BioPharmaceutical or CRO setting
- Working knowledge of all phases of clinical trials and ability to assess and determine study requirement from protocol review
- Strong Project and Risk Management
- CRO and vendor oversight experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent, detail oriented, communicative, dedicated to do a job well done
- Minimum 5 years Data Management experience required
- Working knowledge of clinical research, FDA & ICH, GCP, GCDMP, and related regulatory requirements
- Proficient experience using commercial clinical data management systems and/or EDC products (Oracle RDC / Inform preferred)
- Experience using relational databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MS Access, or Oracle) and data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, jReview)
- Familiarity with MedDRA/WHO-Drug
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in scientific field preferred. Master's degree preferred
Primarily an office-based position involving sitting, walking to meetings, making presentations, etc.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel approximately 5 to 10% Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.