The Labeling Operations Manager (LOM) provides operational support for the initial creation and relevant updates to labeling documents including the Core Data Sheets (CDS), United States Package Inserts (USPI), Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) for products registered in the EU via the Centralized, Mutual Recognition or Decentralized
Procedures, and their associated Patient Labeling Documents. The Labeling Operations Manager, Senior Manager is capable of managing a large volume of projects which can be highly complex.
The LOM will be knowledgeable of labeling guidance and policies related to technical/formatting (e.g. QRD template, PLR format) and will raise awareness of important factors to consider when revising the label.
The LOM provides project management to the Labeling Team throughout the labeling review and approval process through notification to stakeholders in order to ensure that these documents are produced in a timely manner according to internal SOPs and external regulatory requirements. This includes setting clear targets, ensuring that Labeling Teams are aware of the review and approval timelines and following up with Labeling Team members
throughout the process as appropriate so that deliverables remain on target to meet internal and external deadlines.
Support the review and delivery of CDS, USPI, SPC (for products registered in the EU via the Centralized, Mutual Recognition or Decentralized procedures) and their associated Patient Labeling Documents.
The LOM will provide operational support:
- Consolidate labeling versions.
- Consolidate comments from Labeling reviewers and Regulatory Authorities.
- Prepare comparison tables for labeling team discussions.
- Edit and format labeling documents- Ensure the document complies with the appropriate template (e.g., QRD, PLR).
- Generate necessary renditions in GDMS (e.g., clean and marked PDF, clean and marked MS Word) and bookmark renditions as appropriate.
- Facilitate workflow through corporate document repository, e.g., GDMS.
- Finalize documents post QC (including update of GDMS document properties such as entry of PfLEET2 number, update of document title, update CDS cover page etc.).
- Manage the document status in GDMS and notify internal stakeholders of the availability of labeling documents.
- Order SPL for USPIs, check and upload to GDMS upon receipt, notify internal stakeholders of its availability (e.g., Regulatory, Drug Listing).
- Update and maintain the CDS log.
- The LOM will be responsible for updating related labeling documents e.g., for products within a similar class, of different dosage forms, and for generics.
- Set clear targets for review and approval timelines for labeling documents using effective project management. Follow up with Labeling Team members to ensure timely review and approval deadlines are met.
- Identify and assist teams to overcome barriers in achieving quality and compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to Company's submission standards, policies and procedures. Ensure all actions taken within role follow applicable SOPs and associated documents so that high quality delivery of outputs and compliance is maintained. Ensure appropriate tracking of labeling projects via defined procedures and optimal use of systems.
- Support the use and development of current and new tools, technologies and processes to support efficient global label development and worldwide submissions and approvals.
- Contribute and support the development and maintenance of job aids and guidance documents.
- Support the development of and training for junior personnel, vendors and/or contractors, serve as a mentor.
- Facilitate team and cross functional meetings.
- Contribute to the development of continuous improvement of business practices. Advocate for new labeling initiatives to immediate labeling stakeholders.
- For deliverables in scope, support responses to inquiries from Pfizer colleagues related to inspection activities and regulatory agency questions.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or life sciences preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-6 years experience in a regulated environment; pharmaceutical labeling experience preferred.
Experience and Attributes:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Knowledge of global/regional regulatory guidelines and requirements important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Complete fluency in English Language.
- Proven strength in logical, analytical and writing ability essential.
- Demonstrated project management skills and attention to detail required.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a proactive manner.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.