Job DescriptionAdjunct Instructor - Chemistry
Provide instruction in chemistry to both majors and non-major students in applied science degree programs and transfer programs in a community college dedicated to student learning and success. Instructor Responsibilities:
- Provide each student with a syllabus that includes course outcomes, expectations, evaluations, schedules, and deadlines.
- Prepare all course materials and lessons (including quizzes, tests/exams) in alignment with the course outcomes and assure that all materials (handouts, audiovisuals, etc.) are ADA compliant.
- Deliver instruction that adheres to best practices in student-centered learning, engages students in the learning process, and provides real-life examples and applications.
- Provide timely feedback, both formal and informal, to students on assignments, homework, tests and quizzes, projects, etc. Make all grades available to students in a timely manner in the BlackBoard Grade Book (required).
- Promote student success through timely feedback. Make referrals, when appropriate, to student support services. Exhibit a passion for learning, and engage students in the learning process.
- Maintain attendance records on each student. Assure an accurate Section Roster throughout the semester by reporting and working with division administrators to resolve discrepancies, especially in the first three weeks of the semester.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, department and program chairs, committee chairs, and college offices) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner, including submission of No Show Reports, final grades, and other reports as required. Correct errors in reports in a timely manner using appropriate forms or report errors to division Associate Dean.
- Consult with your Department Chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and college policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in chemistry, or a closely related master's degree with 18 graduate credit hours in chemistry, from a regionally accredited college.
- A passion for teaching chemistry to both majors and non-majors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to learn and use the college Learning Management System, Blackboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively in the classroom and as a member of a team and to be respectful of all members of the college community.
- Willingness to teach some night or weekend classes.
- Previous experience teaching chemistry in an academic environment.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Commitment to develop as an instructor, particularly in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
Position available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part timeEqual Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. Cincinnati State does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Job Posted by ApplicantPro