For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We are seeking a Scientist for our Safety Assessment group site located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Under supervision of the Principal Scientist, the Scientist shall function as the Study Director for non-clinical laboratory studies and have overall responsibility for the technical conduct of non-clinical safety testing studies according to GLP regulations and represents the principal point-of-studystudy control.
The following are qualifications for our Scientist position:
About Safety Assessment
- Education: Master's degree in Electrophysiology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry of ion channel function, or in related scientific discipline.
- Experience: At least 5 years of industry experience; 4 years of performance and/or supervision of research studies.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification as appropriate for specialty preferred.
- Other: Ability to support intra- and inter-departmental initiatives, sponsor interactions, and business development.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organized/execute multiple projects, prioritize work and meet milestones/deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint,etc. and standards laboratory calculations.
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.