We are currently searching for a Scientific Researcher - Neuroscientist to provide services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Laboratory of Obesity and Aging Research (LOAR) Principal Investigator to perform neuroscience research in the lab.
- Perform experiments to study the role of mitochondria in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's.
- Perform tissue-culture and mouse experiments to evaluate the efficacy of novel drugs in treating neurodegenerative diseases.
- Perform histopathology analyses of brain sections to monitor build-up of b -Amyloid and Tau.
- Communicate with the lab PI frequently with observations on planned experiments.
- Collaborate with other lab scientists and technicians in the laboratory.
- Conduct experiments and research and gather and analyze that information to reach a conclusion.
- Work well with other team members, including other scientists, technicians, and staff members.
- Have strong attention to detail in order to record information accurately and design repeatable procedures.
- Deliver work products and documents related to designing, performing, analyzing, and summarizing all experiments.
- Provide up-to-date, real-time experimental results.
- Minimum of Ph.D. and or M.D. with 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent laboratory skills including mouse-related experiments.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong publication record, including as a first author.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) were acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.