How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Clinical Research Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assures that all protocol revisions, informed consents, continuing reviews, serious adverse events are submitted to the appropriate IRB of record in a timely manner.Interacts with regulatory specialists and principal investigators and sub-investigators on all regulatory issues and changes within the protocol.
- In collaboration with the principal investigator, clinical research coordinator, and clinical team, participates in the review of studies for feasibility and evaluates potential competition with other protocols prior to submitting study.
- Reviews study with principal investigator and/or clinical research coordinator to a budget outlining standard of care and research costs. Finalizes budget draft with budget coordinator.
- Recruits and evaluates potential study patients, and works with clinical research coordinator to schedule required appointments and interviews.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Reviews medical records for potential study patients and ensures that medical records include documentation of all laboratory test results and procedures and progress of study patients, following guidelines set forth by the protocol sponsors.
- Instructs potential study patients, designated caregiver, physicians, nurse clinicians and other ancillary staff members involved in the care of the patient on aspects of patient's care, available trials, treatments and side effects.
- Assists investigator with consent process assuring study patients understand clinical trials and obtains written informed consent.
- Educates study patients concerning informed consent procedures, HIPAA authorization.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- 3 years of clinical nursing experience or 1 year of clinical nursing experience with 2 years of clinical research experience is required
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) and/or Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) and/or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) is preferred
- Education on human subject research and GCP (CITI Training and Certification) is preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trials and the regulation (local, state, and federal) of such is preferred
- Familiarity with basic scientific and healthcare principles and terminology preferred
- BSN preferred