Caribou Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded in 2011 by pioneers in CRISPR genome editing and headquartered in Berkeley, California. The company's mission is to develop innovative, transformative therapies for patients with devastating diseases through novel genome editing. Caribou leverages its proprietary technologies to develop a wholly owned pipeline of genome-edited, off-the-shelf immune cell therapies, including CAR-Ts and CAR-NKs, for the treatment of multiple different types of cancer. Caribou believes that advanced genome editing is necessary to develop sophisticated cell therapies to treat a variety of malignancies.
Members of the Caribou herd open their minds to new ideas and welcome diverse perspectives. We proudly assert that teams do their best work when their members are personally engaged, their ideas are taken seriously, their contributions are recognized, and their needs are met.
As a result of exciting developments both with Caribou's internal pipeline programs and with the addition of a new external partnership, we have an opening for a Research Associate to join our growing and collaborative Analytical Development team. You'll apply your scientific curiosity to develop and optimize transferable analytical methods which may not yet be available in the industry. This is an exciting opportunity to interact cross functionally with internal and external teams, and have a direct impact on the quality of our cell therapy products. Responsibilities
- Developing sensitive and robust analytical test methods to support release testing, stability and characterization of investigational cell therapy drug products and custom reagents
- Optimizing methods to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Providing experimental data to support method transfer and validation activities
- Writing test method procedures, protocols and development reports
- Serving as an analytical subject matter expert within department and on cross-functional teams
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- BS degree in biochemistry or molecular cell biology
- Minimum 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Experience performing at least two of the following analytical methods: flow cytometry, ELISA, Luminex, qPCR and ddPCR
- Exceptional and transparent communication style
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and planning skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented highly collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently on laboratory projects
- Possess a sense of urgency; identify challenges and problems, and take the initiative to identify solutions
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Experience in use of sterile technique in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in SEC-HPLC, IEX-HPLC, RP-HPLC and/or LC-MS
- Experience with method validation and ICH Q2 fundamentals
- Understanding of Good Documentation Practices and cGMP
Caribou compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package including stock options and employee stock purchase program
- Generous paid vacation time in addition to Company-observed holidays and floating holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan including matching employer contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.