The Lubin School of Business at Pace University invites applications and nominations for a non-tenure-track Clinical Assistant Professor to teach courses in International Management, Entrepreneurship, Management, and Business Strategy. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Successful candidates for this position will reflect the School's commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly research leading to publication, and service.
The Clinical Faculty role includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and teach classes related to International Management, Entrepreneurship, Management, and Business Strategy
- Coordinate and supervise students on both our NYC and Pleasantville campuses depending on departmental needs
- Initiate, develop, and manage student clubs
- Work closely with faculty to create new projects and courses
- Interact with other Lubin School units, students, faculty, and staff to provide delivery of high-quality curricular and co-curricular experiences for Lubin students
- Manage and coordinate staff (where applicable)
- Build and nurture new external and internal relationships with key individuals and organizations to foster the goals and mission of the department
- Direct the marketing and communications of departmental activities. Promote positive public relations for the department
- Teach four courses per semester
- Be available to provide advice to the department chair or undergraduate/graduate program chairs or program directors regarding curriculum, teaching assignments, and any other matters related to their area of instruction
- Scholarly research is not expected however, clinical faculty may conduct research and work with other faculty members on research projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair
- A master's or graduate degree is required. Graduate degree in business administration or management-related field, including Ph.D. or ABD, is preferred
- Applicant must be available to teach courses on both our NYC and Pleasantville campuses depending on departmental needs.
- Applicant must be available to attend department or student-related events on our NYC campus 4 days a week
- Applicant must be available to have in-person meetings with students on our NYC campus 4 days a week
- Must have significant (2-3 years) student teaching experience. Experience leading a new center or program or initiative is strongly valued
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and strong relationship-building and organizational skills are essential.
F00033PPosition NumberJob Open Date
10/01/2021Job Close Date
04/01/2022Open Until Filled
NoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantAbout the Institution
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students-academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.AA/EEO Statement
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University's Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.