About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality - which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.Position Summary:
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist, Process Chemistry with pharmaceutical industry experience and innovation to join our multidisciplinary team based in South San Francisco. The role requires the candidate to work collaboratively with the related cross-functional teams to support drug discovery and the synthesis of API for IND-enabling and clinical studies. This is a lab-focused position, with a 70/30 allocation of bench chemistry and external partner / project management. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to those activities listed below.What you'll do:
- Support medicinal chemistry research by overcoming synthetic bottlenecks to chemical intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and streamlining SAR.
- Perform experiments to enable new route design and development/implementation of phase appropriate and robust synthetic processes to successfully facilitate the delivery of preclinical and clinical API batches at CDMOs.
- Manage vendor / CDMO teams conducting scale up activities to deliver API required for IND-enabling studies.
- Summarize and present experimental results to the project team to facilitate strategic planning, risk-assessment, and decision-making in a collaborative team environment.
- M.Sc. or higher degree in organic chemistry with 5+ years of drug discovery/development experience, with an emphasis on developing chemical processes.
- Familiarization with modern process chemistry techniques: crystallization development, route/step optimization, HPLC analysis and assay, process safety and impurity control.
- Experience managing external partners.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to quickly adapt and shift focus as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a calm and positive attitude and a superior work ethic.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company's facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.