For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist I is responsible for performing laboratory testing, recording & reviewing test results, and preparing & labeling blood components. This position will assist Laboratory Staff and reports to the Laboratory Director.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and other regulatory requirements.
- Properly use HemaCare's Blood Product Information System, as well as authorize and perform system overrides as needed and within scope of authority and ensure to escalate system problems as/if encountered, to management.
- Accurately perform testing of blood products and donor samples (i.e., hematology counts (CBC), and some flow cytometry).
- Accurately record, interpret, and report test results. Ability to recognize and appropriately handle unacceptable test results.
- Verify acceptability of blood samples.
- Prepare and pack blood samples for send-out testing.
- Properly perform, and complete comprehension of, quality control and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain laboratory records; adhere to proper flow of paperwork.
- Perform blood component preparation from whole blood and apheresis collections.
- Perform quarantine, destruction, and release of blood products.
- Prepare, perform and report proficiency testing. (i.e. CAP)
- Review and/or order and maintain proper inventory levels of laboratory supplies/reagents.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems encountered in assigned tasks and properly document corrective actions. Confer with managerial staff for resolution of problems, if necessary.
- Inform supervisory staff of any recommendations for process improvement.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
- High school diploma or comparable education, required.
- Bachelor's degree in biological, physical, or chemical sciences or medical technology preferred.
- WA State DOH Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy license or willingness to attain.
- MT or MLS (ASCP) preferred.
- Blood donor center or transfusion service experience preferred.
- At least 2 - 3 years of previous CLS working experience, preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.Vaccine Mandate
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About HemaCare
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare's vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River's integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone's life.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.