Job DescriptionVice Dean for Research and Scholarship School of NursingUniversity of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)Galveston, TexasUniversity of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), School of Nursing Galveston, Texas
Founded in 1890, the School of Nursing was the first nursing program in the Southwest and one of the first schools in the U.S. to be affiliated with a university in 1896. As a component of the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), the school of nursing offers academic programs at the baccalaureate (traditional and RN-BSN), Masters (Family, Adult/Gerontology, Acute Care, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Leadership, Nurse Educator) and Doctoral Programs (DNP and PhD in collaboration with the Graduate School). UTMB provides a rich interprofessional environment conducive to teaching, practice, and research across the Schools of Nursing, Medicine, Health Professions, and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. The School of Nursing has a state-of-the-art laboratory for bio-behavioral research, a Community Space for Health and Wellbeing, the Research Innovation and Scientific Excellence center and other faculty resources.The Vice Dean for Research and Scholarship, School of Nursing (SON) -
The responsibility reach for this role is school wide with potential for institution wide impact. The selected individual will be responsible for making general business, administrative and fiscal decisions for the Research Innovation and Scientific Excellence Center, Biobehavioral Lab, Biosciences lab, and the Community Space for Health and Well-being.Candidate Requirements:
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field from an accredited university.
- Qualified for licensure applicable to candidates respective field in the state of Texas.
- 10 years of leadership in research, significant contributions in research within a complex, research-intensive university, and successful history of funding research.
- Leadership experience within an academic health science center and/or research-intensive institution.
- Evidence of excellent research and scholarship with a proven track record of past and current federal external funding.
- An exemplary track record of mentoring both junior and senior faculty and Ph.D., graduate, and undergraduate students.
- Advanced preparation in research methods and design, measurement, evaluation, and statistical analysis.
- Administrative and leadership experience relative to directing an office of research.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding faculty in preparation, submission, and implementation of research grants.
- Experience in serving on NIH and other review panels.
- Relevant experiences in collaborative clinical and translational research.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and educational background. In addition, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, a relocation allowance as well as other potential incentives. Living in communities served by UTMB Health:
UTMBs main campus is located on Galveston Island along the Texas Gulf Coast. Enjoy the island life with moderate temperatures and year-round outdoor activities only 50 minutes from all the amenities that Houston has to offer! Enjoy our family culture and collaborative environment while you work, live, & play on sunny Galveston Island! Go to http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
find out more about Galveston and the surrounding communities. For more information, please submit a detailed Cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to, Skott Harrington at: email@example.com
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
YourMembership. Keywords: Dean, Location: Galveston, TX - 77550