Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is headquartered in Mead, CO, and is a premier provider of organometallic compounds and other specialty chemicals used in a wide range of applications. BSC is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of metallocene catalysts and co-catalysts that are primarily used to produce metallocene polyethylene, polypropylene and elastomers, but also supplies products into Electronics, Pharmaceutical and Defense applications. BSC operates two sites in Northern Colorado, which include: a main production facility in Mead and a second facility in Longmont. BSC has continuously grown the sales of its products to existing and new customers and expects to continue on a high growth trajectory.
The Research and Development department at Boulder Scientific Company has an opening for a Scientist I/II - Process Chemist, based in our new laboratories in Longmont, CO. Level will be commensurate with experience.
In this position, the Scientist will develop laboratory procedures for the preparation of customer molecules that are safe, environmentally sustainable and suitable for large volume manufacturing. The qualified candidate will be involved in the scale up of new chemical processes from grams (Laboratory) to Kilograms (Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant) and will be required to work closely with manufacturing to ensure technical transfers are completed according to standard operating procedures and in a timely fashion.
Pay for this role is $84,000 - 100,000 annually. BSC offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and 401(k) with matching. See more about our offerings on our Opportunities page.
Boulder Scientific Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Job Responsibilities
- Plan experiments and coordinate tasks to fulfill project objectives
- Lead the technical aspects of development for new products from lab to commercial scale
- Reinforce safe work practices and positively contribute to a laboratory safety culture
- Use a combination of literature and experimentation to identify viable synthetic routes to target molecules
- Perform multi-step syntheses of organic and organometallic compounds from 100 mL to 12 L scale
- Acquire and interpret analytical data from NMR, GC, HPLC, and wet chemistry methods
- Develop accurate and detailed observations leading to informative data and innovative ideas
- Optimize chemical processes for yield, throughput and cost
- Support and troubleshoot processes in Pilot plant and Production as part of a cross-functional team
- Summarize results, write technical reports, and present information to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
Ph.D. in Chemistry, with particular focus on organometallics and/or synthetic organic chemistryExperience
- Solid understanding of organic and organometallic synthesis, including ligand synthesis
- At least two years of working in a collaborative academic or industrial environment to reach organizational goals
- Demonstrated experience leading the development and implementation of safe and efficient chemical processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prefer experience working on technical transfer from lab to production
- Relevant industrial experience is preferred; experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must pass a job-related physical
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work for long periods at a laboratory hood/bench and will also have extended keyboarding time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Proper PPE will be required at all times.
Powered by JazzHR