North Lawndale College Prep is a coed, public charter high school with two campuses that serves over 750 students in grades 9-12. NLCP exists to create a better future by developing and empowering transformational leaders. We do this by providing a comprehensive high school education and the supports necessary to graduate from college. As an organization, we value passion, commitment, and relationships. Our success is distinguished by three critical elements: An academic model that builds both the academic and the social and emotional skills our students will need for their future success; Caring and engaged professionals; and a competitive and attractive brand. NLCP has served the North Lawndale Community for over twenty years.Description
NLCP is seeking a licensed school nurse to see our team through the COVID-19 transition. The school nurse will assess students and staff requiring the direct services of a nurse, provides health care for students and assist in the implementation of required health care procedures.Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Illinois State Board of Education PEL with School Nurse endorsement
- Effective communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to be a collaborative problem-solver and a positive team member.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- An interest in working with students.
- A willingness to participate in staff development opportunities.
- A strong commitment to professional excellence.
- Works with teachers and staff on screening students for health defects.
- Administers and keeps records of issuance of medication as prescribed by physicians.
- Assists with parent conferences.
- Maintains liaison between physicians, parents and staff.
- Communicates with primary care physician on health needs of individual students.
- Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records, including immunization records on all students requiring nursing intervention.
- Communicates with parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics and other agencies on student health matters.
- Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures and district policy.
- Implements board policy on exclusion and re admission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Works with teams to train students related to handicap, health and hygiene.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Works with the staff to provide a safe and secure school environment.
- Maintains the medical alert list, susceptible list and health problems list.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an illness, injury or emergency medical issue during school hours.
- Obtains and maintains professional certification for vision, hearing and CPR.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies and equipment needed to maintain nurse's office.
- Performs related duties as required.