Posting date 07/01/2021 Application Review date 07/31/2021 Closing date Open Until Filled Yes Position Number 1125685 Position Title Head Groom Department this Position Reports to Athletics Hiring Range Minimum $13.80 Hiring Range Maximum $17.26 SEIU Level Not an SEIU Position FLSA Status Non-Exempt Employment Category Regular Full Time Scheduled Months per Year 12 Scheduled Hours per Week 40 Schedule Location of Position
Is this a term position? No If yes, length of term in months. NA Is this a grant funded position? No Position Purpose
To provide and ensure proper care of the horses boarded at Morton Farm.
Description Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Positive team-oriented attitude
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and care
* Ability to operate standard transmissions vehicles, small equipment and tools, and tractors as needed.
* Must be able to work in all types of weather, including extreme heat and cold.
* Must be able to lift/pull/push up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
* Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach overhead and below
* Ability to work effectively in an environment with exposure to dirt, dust, pollen, and animal hair/feathers.
* Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed
* Previous experience working hands on with horses including, but not limited to, clipping, wrapping, and lunging.
* Hands on experience taking care of equines
* Degree or coursework in equine science/ studies
* Experience driving a horse trailer
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title Tenley Struhs Talent Acquisition Consultant Rabia Gandhi Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that Dartmouth has a COVID vaccination requirement for all employees; visit https://www.dartmouth.edu/hrs/ for details and information on requesting an exemption and/or reasonable accommodation. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment.
Quick Link https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/58282
* Takes the lead with hands on horse care including but not limited to feeding, cleaning stalls, turning horses in/out, and changing blankets
Percentage Of Time 50 Description
* Assists with training and direction of seasonal farm hands to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
Percentage Of Time 10 Description
* Examine horses' health daily with an emphasis on grooming, bathing, clipping and basic equine first aid
Percentage Of Time 20 Description
* Provides proper care and grooming of riding arenas and cleanliness of the barn to ensure a safe environment for horses, students, and staff.
Percentage Of Time 20
* - Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others. -- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
* Talent Acquisition Consultant
* American Library Association
* Chronicle of Higher Education
* Chronicle of Philanthropy
* Dartmouth College Employment Website
* Internal Employee Referral
* Higher Ed Jobs
* Inside Higher Ed Jobs
* National Black MBA Association
* Recruit Military
* Valley News
* Other (Please specify below)
* If you answered "Other" to the above question, please specify here
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
* Cover Letter