Emergency Medical Technician InstructorsLocation:
Other, Technologist / TechnicianDescription:
FITT Scientific, LLC is seeking Instructors with experience in EMT operations to work at Petaluma, CA to provide instructional services to meet the Coast Guard's unique needs in training students attending "A" and "C" schools at the Training Center.
General: Instructors shall provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to their students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by course curricula and successfully meeting course objectives. Instructors may be required to evaluate students' performance by verifying their understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and their ability to demonstrate applied knowledge. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Prepare classroom or training areas and pick-up and return training devices, as needed
(2) Perform basic maintenance on training aids and/or equipment, as needed
(3) Prepare and execute to USCG Instructional standards in the conduct of classroom / laboratory / seminar / conference / discussion / lecture / demonstration / practical exercises per class training schedule
(4) Supplement the course curriculum and lesson plans by incorporating lessons learned from specific/relevant training and after-action reviews, doctrine; current and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) into the daily instruction
(5) Assist in conducting and assessing student critiques to identify strengths, weaknesses, and actions to improve performance
(6) Schedule and conduct remedial training and student retests
(7) Maintain and update a class status reports reflecting number of students in training and class progression
(8) Review and summarize student course critique, schedule remedial training as needed
(9) Conduct academic counseling
(10) Assist in grading written tests
(11) Assist in grading results performance tests
(12) Review and grade homework projects, and assist in the preparation of student written evaluation upon student graduation for certain courses
(13) Review a student's record for progression
(14) Make entries on student record of training form
(15) Complete Training Quality Reports and complete reports on students identified as receiving deficient training
(16) Prepare, process and forward required training records and/or any additional documentation IAW USCG Training Center (TRACEN) policies and procedures on student release prior to graduation.
(17) Receive instructor evaluations and modify execution of instructional activities based upon constructive criticism from students, peer faculty and supervisors to improve performance outcomes.Education/Experience (Required/Desired):Education (Required):
High School diploma or equivalent.Education (Desired):
Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health or in educational practices.Certifications (Required):
CPR and National Registry EMT.Certifications (Desired):
National Registry Advanced EMT or Paramedic preferred. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) certifications and CG PERJC.Experience:
5 years of field experience as a practicing EMT or paramedic; must possess a minimum of 3 years' experience as a primary classroom instructor providing training.Experience (Desired)
: Work experience aboard a variety of afloat and shore units.Additional Skills:
The most competitive candidates will possess outstanding instructional and communicative skills (verbal & nonverbal). Instructors must be proficient with MS office computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and ensure ability to access all required training tools.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required for all government contractors working at government sites, contractor sites, or teleworking unless a medical or religious exemption is approved prior to hiring in accordance with (IAW) Executive Order (EO) 14042.
Must be a US citizen and must pass a background check.Physical:
Personnel shall be physically fit and able to perform duties requiring moderate lifting (not to exceed 45 lbs), long periods of standing, sitting or walking, and inclement weather conditions on occasion.Job Type:
Full-time, hourly pay plus benefits .
FITT Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
FITT Scientific is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at FITT Scientific are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.