Research Assistant in UX Research and Professional Usability Testing
SEEKING BOTH FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CANDIDATES
NEW YORK AREA APPLICANTS ONLY NEED APPLY
Mauro Usability Science, a leading usability research firm with Fortune 500 clients, is currently seeking an entry level / associate research assistant to work directly with senior members of the firm. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain significant experience supporting experienced professionals who oversee research projects with a focus on software and hardware UX design and usability. Our clients include world-class high technology companies. You will work with senior members of the firm to support various aspects of research projects.Description:
Primary responsibility is to assist the partners and senior members of the firm in specialized research tasks, including study planning, study moderation, data collection, database maintenance, project management, and other support functions. Responsibilities will include assisting with study moderation, data collection, analysis, and reporting for company client projects executed both in testing lab and remotely.
The ideal applicant will be organized, proactive, self-motivated, able to interface with both internal and external business associates and have a strong interest in gaining hands-on experience with a world-class, fast-paced, creative boutique research agency.
Experienced research assistants are encouraged to apply.Requirements:
- A self-motivated individual with an interest in assisting partner-level executives with research/administrative tasks undertaken in a creative, fast-paced, high technology consulting environment.
- Must be able to effectively work from home as well as travel to work at company office spaces located in Manhattan and Long Island City.
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills essential
- Experience moderating user experience, usability and/or human factors engineering studies is essential
- Experience playing video games is a plus
- Must have formal course work in study design, data gathering, and data analysis
- Must have an undergraduate degree in psychology or related discipline with a focus on research
- Diligent, strong attention to detail, and able to follow direction well
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is a must. Specifically, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness and desire to work for a creative small firm with leading clients
- Willingness and desire to work beyond what is assigned and is obvious
- Willingness to work in NYC, performing tasks both remotely and in-person
- Demonstrated ability to manage scheduling-related information
- Demonstrated interest in research and related procedures
- Comfortable with new and developing technology
- Working knowledge of Qualtrics, iMotions, eye-tracking, facial expression analysis, and/or 3D tracking of objects a big plus
- Must be able to manage project tracking and management of project files
- Must be neat, organized, and able to handle several tasks at one time.
- Must be passionate about research and tasks related to consumer research
Full-Time or Part-Time EmploymentJob Location(s):
Manhattan and Long Island City, New York, NY
Please apply with your resume
. Starting salary is negotiable based on experience and education. The firm is located in Manhattan and Long Island City.
Job Location: New York, NY 10021