Job no: 492473
Work type: Tenure track faculty
Widener University is currently seeking a Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor in Nursing. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing, this full-time, 10-month role is located on the Chester, PA campus.
Widener University, a private, metropolitan university just outside Philadelphia, connects inclusive curricula to diverse social issues and empowers our community of learners to discover and create better futures. The School of Nursing is designated as an NLN Center of Excellence for advancing the science of nursing education and enhancing the student experience. Experiential learning, rigorous academics, and civic engagement are the hallmarks of the SON programs. Our school is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and equity throughout our programs, our nursing practice, and in our workplace.
The School of Nursing's unique, powerhouse programs serve the needs of diverse students at all stages of their careers. Students and faculty have opportunities to learn and practice in our nurse-managed clinics where we provide primary care to the underserved in the Chester community. Individuals who bring diversity of thought, experience, and practice to the mission of the University and the School of Nursing at Widener are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
The candidate's teaching responsibilities will be determined based upon the individual candidate's expertise, certification, experience with teaching, and the needs of the School of Nursing. The faculty will have the opportunity to mentor students in the development and implementation of their DNP projects, engage in clinical practice/scholarship, participate in the shared governance system of the School of Nursing and University, and mentor students across programs.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based teaching strategies to ensure student outcomes
- Scholarly productivity
- Clinical practice as required by licensure and certification
- Mentoring/advisement to students.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities
- Engage in service to the university, School of Nursing, and community.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that promotes diversity, inclusivity, growth, equality, and freedom of speech.
- Develop continuing education opportunities
- Foster inter-professional learning experiences
- Community and civic engagement
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- Earned doctorate (research or practice) in nursing or related field
- Eligibility for appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank (Appointment to a tenure-earning line requires a research doctorate)
- Master's degree in nursing
- Licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Experience mentoring students in DNP projects
- Active program of research or practice improvement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- May teach evening classes
- Participation in some weekend recruitment activities may be required
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, a one-page statement of teaching philosophy that also addresses commitment to inclusiveness and equity for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation, and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention, and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time