Administers culturally sensitive nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, Joint Commission, professional standards and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures in accordance with evidence based nursing practice. Utilizes the Nursing Process in providing patient centered care. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care through the analysis of nurse sensitive indicators and patient outcomes. Orientation will include satisfactory completion of IV Course and CPR Certification. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver patient care.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient's individual needs to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Affirms the patient's right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively utilizing Hand-off policy and documented.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress in medical record according to hospital/nursing policy and the Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the specific patient type.
- Appropriately analyzes patient information /assessment to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medication as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer's instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as appropriate. Follows up on any delegated components of care and assignments given.
- Make decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Follow CSHS Pain Assessment policy.
- Successfully functions as a Resource Nurse, making decisions in the absence of the Clinical Leader and/or the Nurse Manager.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
- Recognizes adverse reaction to medications and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Evaluates the patient's needs for discharge and accesses appropriate resources for the patient and/or family.
- Consistently provides written and verbal education to patients and/or families.
- Successfully functions as a preceptor/mentor to students and new staff members.
- Consistently promotes teamwork within the unit and between departments.
- Consistently adheres to hospital policy regarding the insertion, maintenance and removal of foley catheters.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license/NJ required.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification to be achieved within First Year then maintained thereafter.
- Successful Completion of Basic Dysrhythmia course to be achieved with First Year.
- CSMC IV Certification to be achieved within First Year.
- Stroke Education requirements to be achieved within First Year then maintained thereafter.
- Specialty professional nursing certification preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.CentraState Healthcare System
aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System,
which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio's
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility