Working at NYU Langone Health
At NYU Langone Health, we believe in a holistic approach to patient care. We emphasize treating the whole person, not just the disease. Our renowned, evidence-based clinical care is led by an award-winning team of doctors and nurses. In fact, for the fourth time in a row, our organization has been recognized for its excellence in nursing by receiving Magnet status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). This is an honor that only eight percent of hospitals in the U.S. ever achieve, and only one percent earn four or more times.
With over six inpatient locations, and additional facilities spread throughout, NYU Langone Health is New York Citys premier healthcare institution. Our world-class facilities service all five boroughs and treat a full range of medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our growing outpatient network allows us to deliver our exceptional medical services directly to the communities we serve. Plus, our doctors and nurses are routinely voted as some of the best in the nation. Its no wonder why the name NYU Langone Health has become synonymous with excellence. COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the safety of our patients, staff, and the community at large effective August 16, 2021 NYU Langone Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, voluntary attending physicians, Howard Hughes Medical Institute employees, non-compensated faculty, students, clinical or academic observers, and volunteers, unless granted an approved exemption (in New York State, only medical exemptions shall be considered).Stay Connected!
Join NYU Langone Healths growing Talent Community your source for job openings, news, events, and more.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nations largest dental residency program, and New York States largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about , and interact with us on , , , , , and . Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner providing primary care services in a homeless shelter-based clinic setting.
In this role, the successful candidates primary responsibility is to ensure patients obtain timely and quality care in the appropriate setting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing initial physical examinations, patient care review, coordination of patient care, review work status and restrictions, and review of modified duty for employees on workers compensation and FMLA. The APN is charged with managing the delivery of care in an effective, professional and compassionate manner.Job Responsibilities:
- Commitment to compliance and quality improvement: Provider shall participate in compliance, quality management and performance improvement activities as requested, including but not limited to education and training efforts and audits of medical records.
- Provider shall provide direct clinical care to all patients assigned to Provider in accordance with applicable standards of care, NYU FHC policies and procedures and Hospital policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Provider will be required to maintain certain good citizenship standards designed to optimize patient care and service and the smooth operation of the NYU FHC. Such standards include but are not limited to the following: Accommodating walkin patients, arriving for office sessions on time and remaining throughout each session, engaging in teamwork with the support staff, following NYU FHCprocedures and practice guidelines, e.g., appropriate clinical charting with complete notes and up-to-date problem and medication lists, timely completion of encounter forms, completing peer chart audits, etc.
- Provider will be required to participate on a rotating basis in the 24 hour on-call phone coverage arrangement that is unit/site-specific. Provider must make every reasonable effort to answer patients phone calls within 30 minutes on the day/evening Provider is on call and to submit all required documentation of the call which will be posted in the medical record.
- Provider shall meet specialty and site-specific defined productivity expectations.
- At all times, Provider shall accurately and timely complete any paperwork necessary to facilitate FHC billing and reimbursement.
- Providers are expected to appropriately supervise and contribute to the training of residents and students in the ambulatory setting and to timely complete evaluation forms in connection with such supervision and training.
- NYU FHC maintains certain principles of practice that are intended to affect all aspects of care at NYU FHC. Provider will be expected to uphold and implement the following principles:
- Team Assignments: Health care delivery within NYU FHCis based on interdisciplinary provider teams which provide collaborative care by physicians, as well as by nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, midwives and residents in training. Continuity of care is provided by the team over time, as well as between the outpatient and inpatient setting, through the unit/site specific mechanisms that have been established and are in place for that purpose. Cross coverage for absent team members is a requirement. Cooperation and collaboration among team members is imperative.
- PCP (Primary Care Provider) Communication: Every registered NYU FHCpatient has a PCP of record. As in most multi-specialty group practices, patients will be referred for a specialty consultation by that PCP who will have completed appropriate documentation of the consultation/referral. Communication, including through the proper completion of documentation, is an important element of the care that Provider will be providing to NYU FHC patients.
- NYU FHCCustomer Service Standards: Provider shall respect cultural differences, religious differences and the individuality of internal and external customers. Provider shall at all times project a professional image in demeanor and dress.
- Providers may be called to float between CMP if needed.
- Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify you must have a Graduation from an accredited school of nursing is required along with the graduation from a professional degree program as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner.
Must have a current license as aNurse Practitionerin NYS.
Previous experience managing clinical and non-clinical staff is preferred.
Must have excellent oral and written skill and should be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments independently.
should be able to work collaboratively with fellow physicians and other health care providers.
DEA license is required upon hire.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Nurse Practitioner-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langones network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where youll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langones EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal EEO is the law poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please .