Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Day/Night Shifts), Clinical Instructor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Service (89112)Location:
Stony Brook, New YorkOpen Date:
Dec 22, 2021Deadline:
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern TimeDescription
Stony Brook Medicine's Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are valuable members of our team who provide clinical services to our patient population. We are seeking candidates to work with our Hospitalist team to provide coverage for our clinical service for our inpatient population under the supervision of the identified supervising physician. Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties may include the following but are not limited to:
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessment of acute medical patients/families with real or potential acute and/or health problems on medical units, MICR unit, and Respiratory Care unit. These problems may include the psychosocial, cognitive and personal assets and limitations of the patient/family, with an emphasis on wellness.
- Establishes medical diagnoses, orders and evaluates diagnostic studies, accompanies patients off the floor for diagnostic testing when clinically required, prescribes and regulates medications, performs and monitors therapeutic procedures, assesses and/or manages follow up plans within the protocols and practice privileges approved by the Supervising Physician and consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain, coordinate and/or expedite required services.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Physician collaborator and Associate Director of Nursing relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to health care staff.
- Develops, conducts and evaluates formal and/or informal continuing education.
- Participates in the development and revision of nursing standards of care.
- Participates in Nursing, Medical and Administrative committees.
- Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice, as well as continuing education requirements necessary for licensure and certification. Attends educational conferences.
- Participates in the research process by contributing ideas, collecting data, sharing knowledge and applying new finding to practice.
- Participates in the development and review of outcome data to measure the quality of patient care.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Nursing, Medicine services.
NURSE PRACTITIONER: NYS license and certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Master's Degree in Nursing or completion of a course for a Nurse Practitioner.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT: NYS license and certification as a Physician Assistant. Bachelors degree from an accredited school of Physician Assistants.
Preferred Qualifications: At least one year of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Previous experience in Acute Care or General Medicine.
To apply, visit http://apply.interfolio.com/100766.
All application materials must be submitted online. Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application. For technical support, please visit Interfolio's Support Site (https://support.interfolio.com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 997-8807.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Sadia Abbasi at 631-241-4922.
Non-Tenure Track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 624 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region. In the Medical and Research Translation (MART) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Centers outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research. Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine. We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives. We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes "continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19," Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request . It can also be viewed online at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.