For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Basic Summary
We are looking for an organized, driven, team-orientated individual with a strong work ethic and great communication skills to join our team here in the Molecular Biology department at Charles River Laboratories in Wayne, Pa.
We currently have an open position for a Laboratory Technician-II to join the Sequencing & Cell Line Authentication team within the Molecular Biology Department and work in a fast-paced cGMP regulatory lab environment alongside a wonderful group of people. The candidate will be expected to have experience working in the laboratory setting, analyzing data and communicating results and have strong communication skills with strict attention to detail. cGMP experience is a plus, but not necessarily required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
- Perform laboratory activities necessary for molecular biology testing including but not limited to:
- Reagent preparation including buffers,
- chemical solutions,
- complex mixtures and media preparations according to standard test methods;
- Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including:
- work within a biological safety cabinet;
- participate in the general maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- conduct aseptic growth and/or manipulation of bacteria, yeast, virus, and mammalian cells;
- make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data,
- summarize data for reports,
- document all activities performed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP);
- Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, tests, and procedures including but not limited to:
- isolation and analysis of DNA and RNA,
- PCR, RT-PCR,
- restriction endonuclease digestion,
- agarose gel electrophoresis and/or sequencing.
- Write routine GMP reports.
- Report results of experiments and procedures and analyze data.
- Efficiently organize and schedule daily assigned tasks to meet the communicated deadlines.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Follow all SOPs, STMs, and cGMP guidelines as they relate to specific tasks.
- Heightened awareness for the role of cGMP in daily activities.
- Assist in training of subordinate personnel on known tests and procedures.
- Work well and communicate with other members of the team to successfully complete a common goal.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biology or related discipline.
- 1 to 2 years industry related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Knowledge of cGMPs or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biological industries is strongly preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques and have had experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain communication across functional groups.
- Must have strong attention to detail in order to succeed in the cGMP environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively within a team or one on one setting.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
- Knowledge working with Bioinformatic software a plus.
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.