For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
As a part of Virus Production, the Research Associate II is responsible for performing mammalian cell culturing and expansion, including transfections, closely following all production procedures, including organized record keeping and stock management. This individual will be part of a manufacturing team handling high-throughput processing of viral vectors.
- Perform mammalian cell culturing, expansion, and maintenance.
- Perform periodic techniques involving transfections, growth condition tracking, cryo freezing, supply management.
- Perform production procedures with limited supervision.
- Optimize the process specifics and strategies involved with increasing turnaround times.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical operations.
- Perform routine tasks by following the SOPs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned that ensures sustainable 'first-time-right' performance.
- Follow verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps, accurately complete appropriate production documentation.
- Other responsibilities as required.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
- B.S. in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related field with at least 2-5 years of experience with cell culture, virology, basic molecular biology/biochemistry, and/or cell biology.
- Working experience with virus production and bioreactor experience desired.
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to resolve customer issues.
- Well organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptable and flexible; motivated with independent working skills.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.Vaccine Mandate
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.