For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Basic Summary
We are seeking a Methods Development Scientist - Cell & Gene Therapy
for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in WAYNE, PA
You may be required to work a rotating shift schedule that may require weekend hours. Assist in the development of analytical methods to support cell & gene therapy portfolio. Responsible for method development, client interactions, interpretation and reporting of data and regulatory compliance of assigned research projects under minimal supervision. Experience or willingness to learn mammalian cell culture and development of cell-based assays including media preparation, cell counting and passaging. May supervise a limited number of employees involved in the research and development of both internal and Client testing procedures.
The following are responsibilities related to the (Methods Development Scientist - Cell & Gene Therapy):
- Plan and execute laboratory research and analyze data to design new methods for Cell & Gene therapy clients to generate protocols, and reports (SOPs, STMs) in conjunction with senior research personnel.
- Use sequence analysis tools and DNA sequence databases to generate oligonucleotide primers and probes for PCR assay development.
- Collaborate with appropriate departments to coordinate performance of projects, discuss issues, prepare reports, and interact with the clients regarding project design and schedule.
- May be responsible for personnel activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (interview and selection of hires, promotions, transfers, etc.). May assist in training and development, including regular direction, coaching and feedback on performance. May assist in preparation and delivery of performance and development plans and salary reviews. May partner with Human Resources for disciplinary actions. May review and approve recorded working time and vacation/time off schedules. May schedule overtime as authorized.
- Education: Ph.D. in a scientific discipline related to cell & molecular biology is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 0-3 years' experience in a biological research and/or development environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience with contract research or the pharmaceutical industry may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.