For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
The Scientist I, Downstream Process Development is responsible for studying properties of plasmid DNA, developing new assays, and exploring new methods for plasmid production within the department of Plasmid Production & Engineering.
- Work with Plasmid Scientists and Director to design, plan, and conduct experiments to understand properties of plasmid DNA.
- Explore various methods in plasmid purification and develop new reagents and materials.
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, write SOPs, and make internal and external presentations.
- Coordinate with Facilities and Engineering department for repair, maintenance, and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and systems.
- Preparation of reagents, media/buffer, and equipment as needed to support experiments.
- Responsible for documenting and organizing work according to Good Documentation Practices.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor of Science, Master's Degree, or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 0-2 years (Ph.D. level), 4+ years (M.S. level) or 6+ years (B.S. level) of relevant experience.
- Experience with Tangential Flow Filtration method development and scale up.
- Experience with chromatographic techniques and equipment for plasmid purification.
- Experience with buffer selection and preparation for downstream purification.
- Ability to design downstream experiments for the successful purification of plasmid from bacteria.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.Vaccine Mandate
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.