Job ID: 94766
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: m-s
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: ROTATINGWhat You Will Do:
Registered Nurse - L&D
Full-time - Rotating Shift
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the flagship academic medical center at the heart of UMMS and includes the 789-bed downtown Baltimore campus and the 177-bed midtown campus one mile north. The medical staff comprises nearly 1,200 attending physicians who are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, as well as 900 residents and fellows in all medical specialties.
UMMC is home to the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center and The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the highest-volume trauma center in the United States.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at UMMC who have greater than 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. He/she will practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Professional Nurse Job Charter. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Is accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work! What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification
- 1-2 years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.