Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Clinical Manufacturing is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Engineer, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be responsible for the execution, review and closure of batch records in a compliant and timely fashion. Using a variety of biopharma relevant technologies and analytics while working with a team of success driven colleagues to execute against stringent timelines.
You will work with a matrix team of scientists to enable the manufacture and delivery of life-changing gene therapy medicine to patients.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge. You will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs. Your innovative mindset will help us develop economical, efficient and safe manufacture of experimental and commercial active drug materials.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Exercise and build basic team effectiveness skills (e.g., commitment, feedback, consensus management) within immediate work group.
- Contribute to a range of highly innovative analytical ideas to support global process development projects.
- Develop a safety test plan suitable for the potential process hazards and perform all required process safety testing.
- Provide analytical support in technical transfer and troubleshooting of commercial Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) processes to relevant API sites and global technical groups.
- Apply enzyme biochemistry principles to develop and adapt innovative technologies.
- Summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
- Oversee process validation studies carried out at manufacturing scale.
- Prepare internally reviewed technical reports, and make oral presentations to scientists and management.
- Investigate new technologies and analytical approaches to bring added value to Pfizer Global Supply.
- Document results and assist with interpretation of findings.
- Work in a collaborative environment of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0+ years GMP manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with automation in manufacturing setting
- Familiarity with single use systems
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate results through written reports, publications and related documentation
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Experience with DeltaV, LIMs, Trackwise, axis360
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Must be able to climb flights of stairs, and remain standing for 1-2 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development