Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development, crucial to this purpose, applies advanced science and technology capabilities to discover new therapies. In Bio-Medicine Design discovery sciences, you will apply cutting edge strategies to identify best in class biotherapeutics to improve the lives of patients worldwide.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Biosensor Scientist, you will be a member of a discovery team that uses a multifaceted approach for advancing biotherapeutics to support multiple research areas. Your experience with Biosensor technologies, cell binding assays, and automated liquid handling will help to accelerate the pace of discovery. You will use a comprehensive array of Biosensor instruments to develop assays, validate targets, screen candidates, and help identify next generation biotherapeutics. Your ability to apply complex Biosensor principles and assays to assess diverse biotherapeutic modalities will ensure the timely delivery and presentation of high quality analytical data packages to project teams. Your technical expertise will assist the development of innovative methods while simultaneously supporting multiple projects to meet aggressive timelines and advance the Bio-Medicine Design portfolio. Your passion for research and discovery will be a key driver for identifying novel biotherapeutics to help patients around the globe.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Characterize biotherapeutic candidates by developing Biosensor assays, triaging early stage hits, assisting lead optimization and candidate selection for multiple modalities including antibodies.
- Rigorous analysis of kinetic biomolecular interaction data and detailed reporting that impacts project advancement.
- Present Biosensor data at multidiscipline project team meetings and regularly contribute strategic recommendations that progress programs.
- Develop and implement innovative value-added Biosensor assays, explore novel technologies, and new instrumentation that expand capabilities.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to ensure the timely advancement of the discovery pipeline.
- A PhD with 0-3 years or MS with 7+ years of relevant experience in Biochemistry, Biology, or related discipline.
- Comprehensive hands on experience developing and executing protein-protein Biosensor, including surface plasmon resonance (SPR), assays to characterize biotherapeutics.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and data management skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt and multi-task within a fast-paced innovation driven scientific discovery environment.
Other Job Details:
- Post graduate laboratory discovery research experience in an industry setting is preferred.
- Experience with Biacore, Octet, KinExA, LigandTracer or Cell-based assays, is highly preferred.
- Experience optimizing high throughput workflows is preferred.
- Hands on experience with liquid handling automation is beneficial.
- Experience programming with Visual Basic, R, or equivalent, and database workflows is preferred.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply: January 31, 2022
- Onsite research scientist laboratory position: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development