UP Professional and Support
DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION INNOVATION
JUNIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Instructional design of educational material and e-assessment, interactive digital content - and web-products as well as mobile applications;
- On-going liaison and co-ordination with academic personnel, project leaders and project managers as well as other role-players for the successful progression and completion of e-learning projects;
- Contribute to e-education change management and communication through effective stakeholder relationships, development of educational technology support material and maintenance of help-sites, contributions to departmental teaching and learning documentation, online awareness campaigns and professional consultation;
- Providing ongoing support to staff with technical aspects and educational use of e-learning and e-learning technologies
- Aid lecturers during educational technology training workshops;
- Collaborate in research projects from upgrades in existing technologies to testing, evaluation and piloting of new technologies.
- An Honours degree in Computer Integrated Education / Digital Content Design or relevant field of study in an applicable post-graduate degree or equivalent qualification with two years' relevant working experience;
- Knowledge in the application of learning theories, instructional design and
e-assessment principles in e-learning, hybrid learning or blended learning within the higher education environment.
- Knowledge with regard to the innovative design and establishment of quality teaching / learning environments for successful e-learning, including mobile learning;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a Learning Management System, e.g. Blackboard, Moodle or other recognised LMS's;
- Some instructional design experience in at least one recent instructional authoring software;
- Experience in facilitation of learning.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- The ability to conceptualize e-learning solutions within a Higher Education environment;
- The ability to identify training and educational needs of lecturers in the preparation for implementing electronic education;
- Ability to contribute to teams consisting of role-players from various academic and support departments / fields of expertise;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of tasks or projects simultaneously;
- Supportive towards colleagues, academic staff and students;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Appropriate language and communication skills. Fluently comprehend, write and speak at least English
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- At least one years' relevant experience in higher education;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Natural and Agricultural or Economic and Management Sciences;
- At least 1 year of experience in the development of e-learning materials and assessment
- Experience in the use of JOOMLA.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply via the apply online button below and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 26 January 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: contact person, Email: Khensani.email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Mrs Detken Scheepers, Email: Dekten.Scheepers@up.ac.za for post related enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 March 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.