Engineering Placement Programme
Location: Austria - Vienna
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Start date: February 2022 or September 2022
Deliver breakthrough engineering for a better world
At IMI, we improve everyday life through new thinking and technology. From a valve that can hold the force of a jet engine to heating systems that allow remote troubleshooting via the internet. From state-of-the-art tooling for automotive manufacturers to the machine that makes your morning coffee.
Join our Critical Engineering division on a 6 - 12 month placement and you can be part of delivering the breakthrough engineering of the future. You'll contribute to live projects, gain exposure to our product lifecycle and see how a global company operates. By the end of your time with us, you'll have skills and experience that you'll be able to apply in your studies and throughout your future career.
IMI Critical Engineering is a world-leading provider of critical flow solutions that enable vital and energy process industries to operate safely, cleanly, reliably and more efficiently. It's an ideal environment if you're looking for complex challenges - everything you produce here will have to withstand temperature and pressure extremes as well as intensely abrasive or corrosive cyclical operations, whether it's controls, silencers, chargers, safety valves or isolation and actuation products.
You will also get opportunities to work with major clients in sectors such as oil and gas, nuclear power, and iron and steel. Your time with us can cover Design Engineering, Project Engineering, Application Engineering, Research & Development and Project Management.
What you need
- You must have the right to work in the country you're applying for (you must be either a Citizen or a Permanent Resident)
- You must be willing to relocate or work in Vienna, Austria
- You must have excellent written and spoken English and German
- You must be studying or have studied for a bachelor's or master's degree (or equivalent) in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Design Engineering
- Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- Material/Material Science/Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
What we offer
- We offer a fair remuneration package with a base salary of approx. EUR 1.900,00 per month
- We can offer you a flexible starting date depending on your university requirements
- You can join us anywhere between a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months, whether you have already graduated, or you are still studying
- Working with project teams and with our customers, you'll learn how we drive innovation, solve real-life problems, and manage and execute large-scale projects.
More about IMI
Employing around 10,000 people in over 50 countries around the world, we create solutions that control the precise movement of fluids in everything from oil rigs to medical instruments. Our products can be found in every corner of everyday life and we partner with customers in a wide range of industries including energy, transport and the life sciences.