Professor of Graphic Design (Full-time, Tenure-track)
Posting Number: F-001-2021
Department: Commercial & Entertainment Arts
Employee Classification: Faculty
Term (months/year): 10 months/year
Salary: Initial placement $69,827 - $104,209
Open Date: 12/17/2021
Initial Screening Date: 03/25/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Commercial and Entertainment Department (CEA) encompasses six programs: Graphic Design, Photography, Animation & Gaming, Film & Television, Radio, and Journalism. CEA consists of nine full-time faculty and 35 part-time faculty. The faculty is a fully inclusive population of people from a variety of genders, educations, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. The mission of the Department is to provide the highest quality of commercial and entertainment art education for our diverse student population in an environment that is inclusive and conducive to learning. The Department works closely with the Fine Arts Department in order to assist our students in reaching their academic goals.
OVERVIEW: The Professor of Graphic Design will teach beginning to advanced Graphic Design courses including contemporary theories and methods in ideation, design, production, distribution, typography, portfolio development, and self-promotion, using industry-standard tools and practices. In addition to teaching, the Professor of Graphic Design will assist in overall program management.
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on March 25, 2022 are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu , to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants , including current or former employees of the college to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional - Up to three (3) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents).
Health & Welfare:
The College contributes $12,159 toward annual premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees.
The District participates in the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services (NBS).
*Subject to change based on Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teach courses in the disciplines for which the candidate meets Minimum Qualifications or the equivalent.2. Teach assigned courses in accordance with course outline of record.3. Instruct and support students with diverse backgrounds utilizing culturally relevant pedagogy, careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods including for online instruction, informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions, student learning outcomes, and support a philosophy of instruction focusing on critical thinking and analysis.4. Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees.5. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies.6. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.7. Effective oral and written communication with students.8. Commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.9. Serve as Faculty Advisor to Studio13 - Mt. SAC's in-house media design studio.10. Participate in curriculum development, program advisory board, learning outcomes development and assessments, and grants relevant to the program.11. Participate in accreditation, program review, and processes for institutional planning.12. Attend, participate and present professional development, meetings, and various College committees and advisory groups to provide service to the college and participate in shared governance.13. Participate in appropriate professional development activities.14. Schedule, evaluate, and mentor adjunct faculty.15. Develop industry partnerships that lead to professional opportunities for students.16. Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any Bachelor's degree and two (2) full-time equivalent years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's teaching assignment; OR
2. Any Associate's degree and six (6) full-time equivalent years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's teaching assignment; OR
3. The equivalent (must request an equivalency review in the application); OR
4. California Community College credential, "Valid for Life" (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.);
AND B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver's license.
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, will be asked to complete the equivalency related questions included in the application.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month contract position that begins in the 2022-23 academic year . Placement on the salary schedule is based on formal education, full-time and/or part-time teaching, and related work experience, up to a maximum placement at step 9.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered:
1) A 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment, and
2) An employee with 'Actual Knowledge' under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College's Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to them about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr-final-2021.pdf .
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY : Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be fully reimbursed. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website .
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399.
Phone: (909) 274-4225
A committee will evaluate applications taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration, and/or performance test. The committee will recommend finalists to the President/CEO and/or Vice President of Instruction/Student Services for a second interview. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources and needs, and Board of Trustees' approval. The starting date will be determined following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Letters of Recommendation
The required letters of recommendation are not required to be confidential but if your reference prefers to send a confidential letter, please follow these instructions and notify your reference directly. To obtain a confidential letter of recommendation, you must enter the reference's name and email address in the fields provided under the "Confidential References" section of the application.
NOTICE: In order for your reference to receive an email with a link to attach a confidential reference letter, you must complete your application and reach the status of "Under Review by HR". It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status well in advance of the deadline to provide your reference ample time to attach the letter.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure that all required and any optional documents are attached by no later than 11:59 PM PST of the initial screening date shown on the job posting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.
We value diversity in all aspects of the human condition. We pursue equity by reevaluating how we empower each person to achieve their success.
The District, as part of our Vision, "promotes a climate of respect and authentic engagement. We are culturally responsive to the needs of our diverse student body. We strive to increase and sustain equitable outcomes for all students. We recruit and retain quality employees who are reflective of our students and the community we serve, in addition to providing all personnel with equity and diversity training." The District is a proud Chicanx/Latinx, and Hispanic-Serving Institution, Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, and Minority Serving Institution, serving over 30,858 students based on Fall 2020 stats. The student population is as follows: by ethnicity - 61.42% Latinx, 9.76% White, 16.76% Asian, 3.91% Filipino, .22% Pacific Islander, 3.79% Black/African American, 0.12% American Indian, 3.05% two or more races and .97% unknown; by gender - 55.68% Female, 42.68% Male, .12% Non-Binary, 1.52% unspecified; and by age - 29.23% ages 19 or younger, 34.95% ages 20-24, 15.32% ages 25-29, 7.61% ages 30-34, 3.90% ages 35-39, 4.61% ages 40-49,4.38% ages 50 and older. Current employee population is as follows: by ethnicity-26.48% Latinx, 32.39% White, 14.74% Asian/Pacific Islander, 4.46% Black/African American, .41% American Indian/Alaska Native, 21.53% unknown: by gender-54.32% Female, 44.94% Male, .74% unspecified: and by age-5.61% 20-29, 25.22% 30-39, 29.70% 40-49, 39.47% Over 50. The District works to create an inclusive environment that provides a safe-haven for international students, veterans, re-entry students, LGBTQIA+ students, and students of various learning styles regardless of citizenship status. We are committed to hiring Faculty who understands that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive role models for all students.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, marital status, economic status, military and veteran status, and medical condition.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College's Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8865
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency