*Job location: *Main Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-time
*Posted data:* 2021-12-10
*Job Summary*Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
As the Physician Assistant Program Clinical Director, Assistant/Associate Professor you will teach at the graduate level, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives; and perform other duties as assigned.
The Clinical Director is responsible for the clinical phase of the PA Program. Responsibilities include site development, maintenance, and assessment of clinical affiliates. The Clinical Director will place students into clinical experiences and be responsible for student assessment while in rotations.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.*Job Description*Typical duties may included but are not limited to:
* Site development, maintenance, and assessment of clinical affiliates.
* Schedule students into supervised clinical experiences
* Responsible for student assessment and evaluation during rotations.
* Assist the PA program in maintaining ARC-PA accreditation Standards.
* Instruction, assessment, advising, and mentoring of students in the Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Program.
* Teach courses in the MPAS Program and participate in course development, evaluation, and revision.
* Participate in curriculum development, students learning outcomes, and methods of assessment.
* Participate in student recruitment and admission selection.
* Participate in scholarly activities at University, regional and national events.
* Maintain continuing educational activities through state and national professional organizations.
* Assist with clinical site development and maintaining clinical partnerships.
* Participate in Physician Assistant Program accreditation activities.
* Provide service to the Department, College, University, Community, and Profession.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Additional Job Description**Required Qualifications*
* Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies (or equivalent) from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
* Teaching experience at the University level with a regionally-accredited institution.
* 3 years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant.
* Current National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) certification.
* Possess an active license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Florida or the ability to obtain a Florida license prior to the start date.
* Doctoral degree.
* 3 years of PA teaching experience.
* Prior related administrative or leadership skills.
* 5 or more years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant.
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Experience or commitment to engaged learning & teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
*Special Instructions to Applicants*
Appointment will be made at the Assistant Professor rank commensurate with the candidate's experience on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis available Spring 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
*Required Application Materials:*
* Unofficial Transcripts
* Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Statement of Scholarship
* Curriculum Vitae
* Cover Letter
* Licenses and/or Certifications- please submit copies for State Physician Assistant License, National Commission on Certification of Physician"s Assistants (NCCPA) certification
* Five (5) Professional References
*Salary commensurate with education and experience*
*The position is listed as "open until filled", however applications received by January 14, 2022 will receive priority consideration."*