POSITION TITLE: FACULTY, COMMUNICATION
STATUS: Full time Tenure track
DEPARTMENT: Fine Arts
SUB-DIVISION: Arts and Sciences
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications.
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communication. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach introductory classes in Communication
2. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and services within the college to determine placements, curriculum, and academic support.
3. Participate in course development, assessment, planning activities, and curricular offerings including online and/or Hybrid courses.
4. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment activities;
serve on committees.
5. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
6. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community college mission.
7. Participate in creating completing the Annual Program Update/Review
8. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
9. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
10. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
1. Master's Degree in Speech or Speech Communication (Mass Communication, Public Relations, and Communications are not acceptable).
2. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
3. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
1. College teaching experience, particularly in a community college.
2. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service. Interest and/or experience in online teaching.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
5. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual classroom environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
Communications Teachers, Postsecondary