*Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Food Science -Search #67869
Waters College of Health Professions / Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology*
The Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology in the Waters College of Health Professions invites applications and nominations for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Food Science.
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving about 27,000 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
To equitably serve a fast growing and highly diverse student body and to fulfill the University's commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, we actively seek candidates with a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence. Candidates whose work furthers the institution's goals and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Within this setting, the Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology is a dynamic and growing unit of over 60 faculty and staff serving over 2,000 majors enrolled in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. The existing Nutrition and Food Science program prepares undergraduate students in one of three areas: Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), Community Nutrition, and Food Science/Food Systems Administration. The DPD is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics as is an on-site Dietetic Supervised Practice Program at the graduate level. In the fall of 2022, the program will begin offering a Master of Science in Nutrition degree to accompany our graduate Dietetic Internship program.
*Position Description.* Reporting to the Chair of the Department, the tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nutrition will teach both undergraduate and graduate courses within the Nutrition and Food Science program, including basic and applied nutrition as well as food courses. The successful candidate will also be required to pursue an active scholarly agenda in the field, promote and sustain interdisciplinary dialogue, hold memberships in professional associations, and perform service to both the program and Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology. The position is a 10-month, tenure-track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
* Earned doctorate in nutrition, food science, dietetics, or a closely related field, by August 1, 2022 with at least 18 graduate semester hours in a closely related field;
* The successful candidate must demonstrate the potential for productive scholarship;
* Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives;
* Promise of productive scholarship/creative activities consistent with the teacher-scholar model;
* Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring, and curriculum design and development;
* Demonstrated commitment to advancing a strong and growing research and scholarship agenda and the production of research/creative activities as appropriate to the discipline.
* Potential for online teaching;
* Ability to teach quantity food systems administration and meal management;
* Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD) or Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR).
*Conditions of Employment:*
* Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution;
* All work for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy;
* Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on-campus;
* Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins November 24, 2021 and continues until the position is filled. The preferred position starting date is August 1, 2022. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
John Dobson, Search Chair, Search #67869
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: [jdobson@geeorgiaSouthern.edu](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2602452&targetURL=mailto:jdobson@geeorgiaSouthern.edu)
More information about the institution is available through [http://www.georgiasouthern.edu](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2602452&targetURL=http://www.georgiasouthern.edu) or [https://chp.georgiasouthern.edu/employment-opportunities/](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2602452&targetURL=https://chp.georgiasouthern.edu/employment-opportunities/). The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)