Arizona College of Nursing
is seeking an innovative, positive, and accomplished nurse leader with demonstrated academic leadership and administrative experience for the position of Dean of Nursing. This position is located at our Orlando, Florida Campus!Why Should You Work with Us?
We are a consistently growing organization with the purpose of providing people the opportunity to enhance their lives through education. Arizona College is a nationally accredited, private college with a focus on nursing education at the undergraduate level. Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we embrace the following core values:
Passion - We approach every interaction with positive energy and compassion.
Excellence - We exceed the expectations of quality education.
Adaptability - We are open to ideas and support changes that improve the college.
Accountability - We keep commitments and own our actions.
Integrity - We do the right thing.How Will You Be Contributing?
Reporting to the Executive Director of Academic Operations, your main responsibility will be providing oversight and innovative leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating the BSN program and its faculty. As a member of the leadership team, you will be collaborating closely with other members of the team on policy making and assisting in assuring that the College's vision, mission, and core values are foundational elements in guiding decision-making and actions. Additionally, you will be:
- Acting as a visible ambassador for Arizona College, who actively promotes collaboration with an array of campus and community partners.
- Recruiting, supervising, developing, and directing a professional staff, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning.
- Managing personnel, budget, and other resources with accountability and efficiency.
- Ensuring the BSN program operations are conducted in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations and ordinances, and within standards of accreditation.
- Actively participating in program evaluation and the systematic plan for curriculum design.
- Promoting student success by advising and counseling students; facilitating communication and maintaining satisfactory relationships between students and faculty members.
- Serving on a variety of committees and chairing the monthly meetings of the nursing faculty.
This overview represents major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
Time to Impress Us:
- Effective leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills.
- Possess a professional and collaborative demeanor with the heart of a teacher. A personality that has the ability to address and resolve conflicts with integrity and compassion, and that can actively develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective and self-aware.
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively, effectively and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and to engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written abilities.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
We're proud of our experienced team -- so we're looking for someone with a background that can match. The required qualifications for this role are:
What We Are Offering You:
- A master's degree in Nursing; a doctorate degree is considered highly advantageous.
- Three to five years of progressive leadership experience including supervisory experience and prior experience with curriculum, academic programs, and the development and growth of academic initiatives.
- Licensed/eligible (unrestricted) as a Registered Nurse in Florida.
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with generous PTO and holiday benefits.
- Robust health and welfare benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information is listed on our website at
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro