SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWork Schedule:
8/1/21 to 3/26/21
$ 62 per hour and $ 4K completion bonus for qualified candidatesPROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Medical City Lewisville
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet®
recognized facility, license for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville
is committed to listening to our nursing voice
; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We take pride in being able to support our Nurses through:
- Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
- Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
- Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say: "It's very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations." Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The RN - L&D - Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
QualificationsMinimum Position Requirements:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors
- Carries out physician orders
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring
- Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of facility date.
- Staff RN's are responsible for completing the ongoing fetal heart monitoring, AWHONN, and other HCA required courses for Labor & Delivery nurses in accordance with the department education schedule.
- Experience: Staff RN's not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
a. TX RN license or RN Compact State License
b. BLS (AHA) certification
c. ACLS (AHA) certification within 6 months of hire into position
d. NRP certification within 6 months of hire into positionNotice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.