SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemNurse ExternShift: PRNEmergency Dept.Medical City Lewisville
Medical City Lewisville is a full-service, acute care hospital licensed for 186 beds. Serving the Lewisville, Flower Mound, Castle Hills and southern Denton County communities since 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a Level III Trauma Center with the county's only pediatric emergency room, a Cycle V Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Medical City Lewisville offers a Level III NICU, comprehensive women's services, cardiovascular care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, bariatric care and robotic surgery.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave).
The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.Qualifications
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Must be currently be enrolled in a nursing program ADN or BDN
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.