*Essential Job Duties:*As an integral member of the research team, the Research Assistant/ Phlebotomist will perform a variety of duties in support of health research studies including recruiting study participants, administering informed consent, managing sample collection, and collecting, documenting, and managing data.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Administer informed consent including describing study procedures as well as risks and benefits of participation to study participants
2. Collect all data and samples related to the study (including performing phlebotomy to collect blood samples) and work with the Project Manager to ensure all activities are completed
3. Complete enrollment/follow-up of participants in person (in clinic, at the participants home, in the office, or other desired location), using web-based tools, by phone, and by mail
4. Process and manage specimens collected for the study
5. May perform other duties incidental to research activities as assigned
*Is Time Limited:*No
*Job City & State:*Raleigh, NC
*Working Title:*UTS - Temporary Full Time Clinical Research Assistant/Phlebotomist at NC State
*Work Schedule:*20-40 hours a week- mostly evenings and weekends
*Minimum Experience/Education:*Four-year degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience, or combination of training and experience necessary to perform the work.
*Department Required Skills:*• Phlebotomy certification and at least 1 year of phlebotomy experience is required.
• Experience working or volunteering in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment
• Proven ability to interact harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
• Ability to interact with individuals of all ages with a particular focus on young children and infants
• Friendly and outgoing attitude
• Comfort and willingness to approach and interface with people in a community and home visit setting
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and writing, organization and planning skills
• Familiarity with MS Office and other applications for data entry, communication, and scheduling
• Ability to get to and from office to home/clinic visits in the greater central North Carolina area and surrounding regions including ability to transport study related supplies, samples, and documentation as needed
• Valid NC Driver's license, all mileage will be reimbursed
• Ability to operate and prioritize under strict deadlines within a team environment
• Exercises sound judgment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Leadership skills and proven track record of accountability
*Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:*• Interest in public health research; an interest in or familiarity with disparities research
• Bilingual candidate (Spanish) is highly desired
• Previous research experience and/or familiarity with research and data collection methods is beneficial
*Required License or Certification:*Valid NC driver's license.
*Valid NC Driver's License required?:*Yes
*Commercial Driver's License Required?:*No
*Anticipated Hiring Range:*$18-20 an hour, DOE
*Job Open Date:*12/17/2021
*AA/EEO:*NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.