Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Visiting Assistant Professor - Medical Surgical Nursing
Department of Nursing
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
The Department of Nursing is seeking applicants for a full time faculty position for Visiting Assistant Professor-Medical Surgical Nursing Faculty.
Education : Master's degree in nursing required; an earned doctorate and Medical Surgical Nursing Certification preferred; 3 to 5 years of clinical nursing experience in medical-surgical nursing acute care setting. Clinical experiences in community health and or community outreach initiatives. Experience with classroom presentations, current registered professional license in Delaware.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Medical-Surgical nursing with significant clinical experience in acute care practice.
- Must be able to teach across the nursing curriculum.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students within a university setting.
- Strong ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team to create innovative educational experiences and provide an environment where students are partners in learning.
Delaware State University (DSU) offers a baccalaureate nursing program which is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Interested applicants must apply online at DSU website: www.desu.edu. If invited for an interview, provide resume/curriculum vitae and three (3) professional references with contact information. Apply for this posting only if you are interested AND qualified for the Visiting Assistant Professor Medical Surgical Nursing Faculty position in the Department of Nursing. It is important that you specify your area of clinical expertise, teaching experience, and interest in your cover letter in order to be considered as a viable candidate.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.