Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Visiting Assistant Professor - Master of Occupational Therapy
Department of Public and Allied Health Services
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
The Department of Public & Allied Health Sciences is seeking two (2) full time, faculty with teaching, clinical and simulation experience to serve as Visiting Assistant Professor for the Master of Occupation Therapy degree program at Delaware State University.
- Earned doctorate degree in occupational therapy or related discipline is required.
- Occupational Therapy licensed or licensure eligible in state of Delaware.
- Minimum of three (3) years in direct clinical practice
- General working knowledge of current trends in the profession and clinical expertise in one or more practice areas.
- Demonstrates advance skills in occupational therapy evaluation, intervention planning, intervention implementation, and documentation.
- Engagement in scholarly activities, professional service and continued education relevant to occupational therapy practice.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Provide instruction or co-instruction for assigned graduate level courses
- Prepare course syllabi, course materials, as well as examinations
- Provide classroom and/or lab instruction, including the use of instructional platform/media
- Provide academic advisement; participate in recruitment activities; establish regular office hours, and attends all assigned classes as scheduled
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Participate in accreditation process, self-study, curriculum mapping and curriculum design
- Update course syllabi goals, objectives, assignments, activities, textbooks and procedures consistent with current theory and practice and in keeping with the departmental mission, goals and the college's mission.
Interested applicants must complete an online application for full consideration. If invited for an interview, provide resume/curriculum vitae and three (3) professional references with contact information. Apply for this posting only if you are interested AND qualified. It is important that you specify your area of clinical expertise, teaching experience, and interest in your cover letter in order to be considered as a viable candidate.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.