*Job Number:* 501035
*Work Type:* Full Time with Full Benefits
*Location:* Palm Beach, Florida
*Department:* Nursing PhD
*Categories:* Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
*About Us:**We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!*
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Job Title:*Program Director/Faculty (Rank TBD) - Nursing - 993496*Location:*Palm Beach, Florida*Work Type:*Full Time with Full Benefits*Job Category:*Exempt*Hiring Range:*Commensurate with experience*Pay Basis:*Annually
*Subject to Grant Funding?:*No *Essential Job Functions:*1. Develops and supervises the activities, and evaluates the performance, of the PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN and BSN to DNP programs.
2. In coordination with the Assistant Dean and legal team, secures affiliation agreements with training sites including compliance with medical liability, HRSA, HIPPA etc. regulations.
3. Provides guidance and direction to program faculty and staff involved in the coordination, support, and instruction of the PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN, and BSN to DNP programs.
4. Secures, orients, and evaluates new faculty members and adjunct faculty in their support of PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN, and BSN to DNP programs - yearly activities.
5. Provides critical liaison with appropriate offices, department and external agencies involved in nursing education.
6. Assists the Assistant Dean with budget preparation and management, as well as problem-solving activities related to the PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN, and BSN to DNP program instruction and activities.
7. Prepares appropriate reports and necessary self-studies related to program accreditation.
8. Composes, edits, reviews and approves learning objectives and test items.
9. Assists the Assistant Dean in evaluating teaching and learning effectiveness of the PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN, and BSN to DNP programs curriculum.
10. Reviews educational literature and learning media to keep abreast of new teaching / learning strategies.
11. Counsels students with academic and/or personal problems, referring to appropriate personnel or agencies as necessary and in a timely manner.
12. Provides comprehensive updates and progress reports of PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN, and BSN to DNP programs curriculum activities at faculty and staff meetings.
13. Serves on department committees as necessary and as appointed by the Assistant Dean, as well as appropriate college and university committees.
14. Composes, edits and continually reviews information for the PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN and BSN to DNP programs handbook, publishing it annually and reviewing contents in detail with the incoming PhD, DNP, Traditional MSN and BSN to DNP program class.
15. Teaches undergraduate or graduate course(s) in the classroom as assigned.
16. Selects teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
17. Creates a climate that is conducive to learning.
18. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
19. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
20. May manage subordinates in the classroom or laboratory.
21. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the university policies and applicable laws.
22. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
23. Participates in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.*Marginal Job Functions:* *Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:*1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
8. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
5. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.*Job Requirements:* *Required Certifications/Licensures:*Current, unencumbered Florida Nursing License.*Required Education:*Doctoral Degree*Major (if required):* *Required Experience:*1. Six (6) years of teaching experience.
2. Must obtain a doctoral degree in Nursing or related field within six (6) months of employment.*Preferred Qualifications:*Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Nursing or closely related field.*Is this a safety sensitive position?*No *Background Screening Required?*No *Pre-Employment Conditions:*To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
*Sensitivity Disclaimer:*Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.* * * * *Advertised:* Nov 04, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
*Applications close:* Nov 04, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time