Bring your expertise and passion for teaching to Anne Arundel Community College.
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is seeking an exceptional faculty member committed to the college's philosophy that education serves the greater good by providing all students access to a better life. The ideal candidate for a faculty position at AACC understands that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally transform people's lives, and as a result, society itself. Required qualities include a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in disciplinary knowledge, pedagogy and successful collaboration with colleagues in efforts aligned with student success and completion. We are seeking colleagues who embrace the idea of helping students achieve their goals, and those who approach academic excellence as evidenced in anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion as a moral imperative.
AACC believes that teaching and learning are the heart of the institution. We are seeking a faculty member who is energized by the community college pathways and initiatives and see it as their role to support a diverse set of learners inside and outside the classroom. AACC embraces the notion of life-long learning and continuous improvement and is looking for those with a sincere and demonstrated desire to self-reflect on personal instructional practices and work collaboratively with colleagues to improve teaching and learning for all students. AACC seeks to hire faculty members who espouse the ideals in AACC's mission and those who will work with their department, division, and college colleagues to bring AACC's vision and strategic plan to reality.
The ideal candidate should be committed to the ideals of community college education and have a proven ability to teach college-level accounting and finance courses. Excellence in oral, written and interpersonal communication skills is expected.
In addition to instructional responsibilities, the faculty member will have a major role in curriculum development, assessment strategies, outcomes measurement, department and college committees, special events, partnerships, academic advising and meeting with students during regular office hours. Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications.
Candidates should be able to discuss how they address issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all their work as well as provide evidence of the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Additionally, the candidate should be a proven team player with a growth mindset and an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
AACC is a tenure granting institution. Any candidate hired as a full-time faculty member may be eligible to apply for tenure in the future based on institutional eligibility requirements.
We invite faculty applications now for renewable, term-contract faculty appointments for fall 2022 beginning August 16, 2022, potentially leading to tenure-track positions in the following departments: Medical Assisting, Architecture & Interior Design, Business Administration/Accounting, Communications, Histotechnology, Mathematics, Nursing, Physics and Physical Science For full position descriptions, required qualifications and to apply, please visit our web site at www.aacc.edu/employment and click on Career Opportunities . Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Job Requirements:
- Expend student and faculty development resources
- Assist in faculty mentoring program
- Participate in the evaluation of regular faculty and adjunct faculty
- Evaluating other divisional faculty members
- Provide consultation to the faculty on academic policy related to faculty service, faculty elections, membership of the faculty organization, and faculty representative structure, assuring compliance
- Manage the annual faculty elections
- Serve as counseling liaison to teaching faculty in academic programs
- Participate in mentoring of new faculty
- Provide leadership to the campus faculty development committee
- Implement daily lessons for students based on the school's curriculum
- Attend all faculty meetings and in-services
- Develop voice curriculum based on students' interest
- Foster mission to help students
- Maintain a positive learning environment for students
- Develop as a faculty member of the university through advanced studies, research and writing
- Foster student learning through innovative teaching practices
- Participate actively in faculty development opportunities (internally and externally) and provide feedback concerning student and faculty issues
- Provide routine pre-session check on faculty, course materials and course activation
- Inspire and develop students and earn the trust of students and colleagues at WGU
- Create proactive and early interactions with students within programs through teaching