SummaryPosition TitleAssistant/Associate Professor(s), Clinical Mental Health Counseling
DepartmentClinical Mental Health Counseling
Position SummaryJacksonville University, ranked as a Best Regional University by US News & World Report, invites applicants for multiple full-time, twelve-month, tenure-accruing Assistant/Associate Professor positions in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. These individuals will have primary responsibilities at the Palm Coast CMHC program under the direction of the Program Director. Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in the areas of Marriage and Family Therapy and/or Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
Essential Job Duties
* Teach at the Palm Coast Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program under the direction of the Program Director.
* Develop and teach courses in the area of clinical mental health counseling, and/or marriage and family therapy at the graduate level
* Develop research portfolio in the area of clinical mental health counseling and/or marriage and family therapy
* Assist with clinical supervision and clinical site affiliations
* Mentor master's students
* Provide service in the area of clinical mental health counseling and/or marriage and family therapy
* Primarily indoors
* Some off-campus travel may be required
* Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
Physical RequirementsManual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone Prerequisites Required for PositionMinimum Education Requirement
* An earned doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy, from a CACREP-accredited program.
* Licensed or licensure eligible as a mental health counselor and/or marriage and family therapist in the state of Florida.
* A commitment to teaching and program development, to working in a culturally diverse environment and an understanding of the mission of Jacksonville University.
* Demonstrated expertise in Mental Health and/or Marriage and Family counseling.
Minimum Work Experience
* Clinical Counseling experience in teaching or clinical practice
* Clinical expertise in the following specialty areas
* Mental Health and/or Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling
* Preference will be given to applicants with:
* Documented scholarship and teaching experience in the field
* Prior experience as a practicing counselor, marriage and family therapist, or play therapist
* Teaching experience, preferably at the University level
* Prior experience as a CMHC or faculty member
* Ability to teach marriage and family therapy courses
Important NoteThis is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
To ApplyInterested applications should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, [JU faculty application](/humanresources/docs/faculty-application.pdf), [background check authorization](/humanresources/docs/2020-Background-Check-Authorization-Fillable.pdf), three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email to Sandy Brown at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com%C2%A0?subject=)[ ](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org%C2%A0?subject=)