Director, Clinical Genomics Services
NYU Grossman School of Medicine: Center for Human Genetics and Genomics - New York, NY
The Director of Clinical Genomics Services will develop strategy, implement, and lead a state-of-the-art clinical genetics and genomics testing program at NYU Langone Health This is a leadership position tasked with creating systems for uniform access to genetic testing, interpretation of test results, and genetic counseling of patients and families at NYULH. The Director of Clinical Genomics Services will contribute to research that promotes and creates standards for the utilization of genetic testing in established and novel areas of clinical impact. The selected individual is expected to have patient care responsibilities in testing and counseling for patients and their families. The selected individual is expected to have a personal research program in a relevant area of human genetics.
- Develop standards for genetics/genomics testing at NYULH in collaboration with clinical geneticists, select clinical departments, and genetic counselors;
- Work with MCIT to enhance test ordering and resulting in Epic;
- Maintain and update genetic testing compendium in Epic;
- Initiate and chair enterprise-wide clinical genetics committee;
- Advise on protocols for genetic data storage and re-analysis of prior data as the field continues to evolve;
- Collaborate with the Director of Genetics and Genomics Education at the CHGG, to implement; educational programs for physicians and affiliated staff on the clinical genetics and genomic testing;
- Lead initiative on genetic counselor billing and establishing productivity standards;
The successful candidate will have an MD, MD-PhD or PhD degree with specialization in human genetics and at least 5 years of experience in clinical genetics and genomics testing.
For consideration, please apply via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/105769
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.