Adjunct Practical Nursing Instructor
Appointed by the Chancellor of the College upon recommendation of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This is a part-time teaching position.
Adjunct faculty are responsible for teaching courses, and timely and accurate submission of required documentation related to human resources and instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Teach the approved LSBPNE practical nursing course curriculum
· Build knowledge and develop clinical skills aimed at assisting students to obtain practical nursing licensure by successfully passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
· Works closely with the campus PN Coordinator to maintain compliance standards
· Provide clinical instruction and supervision of students at approved clinical sites
· Maintain accurate records, schedules, and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content
· Evaluate and document students' progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained
· Communicate effectively with students, and all those affiliated with the course, including staff at clinical training facilities, RPCC faculty and staff, and community partners
· Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and good patient care
· Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
· An associate degree or higher in nursing
· Registered Nurse with current, unencumbered license
· Four (4) years' experience in medical-surgical nursing or nursing education with at least one of the four years as a medical-surgical staff nurse providing direct patient care
· A minimum of 2 years' experience in the provision of long-term care facility services
· One of the following: VTIE, CTTIE, "train the trainer," or master's degree or above in Nursing Education or be able to attain prior to teaching courses
· Ability to travel to clinical locations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer knowledge
· An unencumbered nursing license with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing
· Must be approved by the Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE)
· A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1, 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please attach a resume, transcripts and a list of three references. The top applicant will be asked to provide original transcripts. *In the ZipRecruiter system, it is likely that you will need to save these requested items for a complete application in one document for submission.
Company DescriptionRiver Parishes Community College is an open admission institution that partners with the communities and businesses of the river parishes region of Louisiana to provide workforce training, certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
Please visit our website for more information: www.rpcc.edu
River Parishes Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. River Parishes Community College also operates in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX, of the 1962 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to its programs and activities.. The College is also in compliance with the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-380) as amended by the (P.L. 95-568).